Should people be required to swim in school?

 Drowning is one of the most leading causes of death for young children. Young children tend to wander and could fall into a pool without you even realizing that they're missing. Even many adults today either do not know how to swim or cannot swim well. A vast majority of people have access to personal or community pools as well as beaches. During elementary school I remember having one week of learning to swim. I personally learned from my parents. You may never know when you might be in the middle of a flood or accidently swept out to sea while at the beach. Swimming not only a fun activity, but it is a skill that will save your life. Learn to Swim!

Comments

  1. Drowning is definitely a major fear when having to teach a child how to swim. I learned how to swim with my sister when I was younger at the pool. Some people unfortunately do not have that opportunity to learn how to swim at a young age. Kids should get the opportunities to learn from someone in case one day they need to save their life. In my own opinion they should get taught but in a very personal setting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Do Highschoolers Really Need a PE Class?

Get Up and Move!